Monday, September 10, 2007

The League Meeting: A Wrinkle In The Plan

Hey all,

Christian has advised that he will be in Santa Clarita on Saturday, the 22nd, and he can stay up there overnight until Sunday. He's down with doing the meeting somewhere in the SCV instead of in OC. How does everybody feel about making the change? Loren's traveling right now, but he did offer his place as a potential meeting location. What say everybody? If we can get a final headcount by the end of the week, I'll start working on a meeting agenda. These are definitely some of the items that people want to discuss:

  • Redrawing the divisions
  • The missed series deadlines
  • Injuries being turned off
  • The 1911 Season
  • Finishing the Constitution
  • Potential managerial vacancies
  • Standardization of game procedures
  • Playing the All-Star Game

If there's anything else not on the list, comment here. I highly recommend that you sign up for a Blogger account so that we all know who's leaving the comment, but otherwise, if you're anonymous, just say who you are in the body of the comment.

12 comments:

Joe English said...

Are you kidding me? Let's see a 45 minute drive versus a 2 and a half hour drive...tough call.

I do not have a problem with a Sunday morning meeting at Loren's, but I would need to convince my wife that I can stay in the SCV on Saturday night. I'd rather not have to drive there and back in the same day. Let me talk to my wife when I get home tonight and I'll let you know.

Tully Moxness said...

You're always welcome to crash out at the mansion; the cat misses you.

Joe Emmert said...

I can do either way. I do think we'd get a better turnout if we have it in the Fillmore/SCV area. I do feel for Mr. English though. You guys are always welcome to come up to the high desert and enjoy the BBQ, pool, and NFL Sunday Ticket.

Joe English said...

I think I'll be able to make it if I can stay at the mansion on Saturday night. I was angling for some time in Las Vegas, but I will settle for the bright lights of the Fillmore Strip...where is the buffet? Maybe Tully can get me an appointment for a massage at one of Fillmore's finest spa resorts.

Maybe I can even get in my round 13 games against Loren before he retreats to the jungles of Africa! Asking Loren to play 2 rounds before the 22nd/23rd might be asking too much, however...but I know he tries to get in as many games as possible while in the civilized world!

Unknown said...

A massage in Fillmore?? Something tells me that it won't be a very sanitary environment, but have fun with your "happy ending." lol.

Joe English said...

Is there an update on the attendance of the Somers clan at the meeting on the 23rd? Have we set a time and confirmed the date?

Tully Moxness said...

Joe,

While Fillmore is not known for its massage 'establishments', there are several locations in Ventura and Oxnard that should make you, er, happy!

As for the meeting, I didn't get a 100% from Loren that his house is okay, but I assume that since he offered before, that's still okay. How does 1PM on the 23rd work for everybody? We can play the All-Star Game before or after if that works, too.

Unknown said...

I would like noon, so I can get back to my wife and head. The later we start the longer it will take.

Tully Moxness said...

Christian,

Are you planning on leaving your head in Huntington Beach that weekend? You should bring it along - it's pretty important. Or does this refer to something else? If so, I'd prefer to avoid hearing details about your personal life? :)

Noon is fine with me! How about the other 2 or 3 guys who might be reading this?

Unknown said...

I forgot the word home, suck it! Head home is what i meant.

Joe English said...

Being that I also have a long drive back home, I think that an earlier start would be great. Noon sounds OK. I intend to play Baltimore face-to-face on the morning of the meeting.

As far as the massage, I hope it will make me 'happy'.

Anonymous said...

So is noon on the 23rd the date and time? Also, we might as well discuss the use of a DH for 2 of a 4 gm series as a topic too. Baltimore